Flooding on Bellaire streets
From the City of Bellaire:
As of 10:00 a.m. this morning, high water is being reported in the area of the following street blocks and intersections:
4800-4700 Bellaire Blvd.
4700 Elm St.
4700 Fournace Pl.
4800-4900 Wedgewood Dr.
4900-5000 Tamarisk Ln.
5200 Palmetto St.
6700 Ferris Dr.
100 Mulberry Ln.
Chetwood Dr. @ Bissonnet St.
Evergreen St. @ Mapleridge St.
S. Rice Ave. @ Gulfton Dr.
S Rice Ave. @ Westpark
Here are some tips to remember:
- Turn Around, Don't Drown - Isolated underpasses or low-water crossings may be life-threatening
- Register for PrepareBellaire to receive emergency notifications for Bellaire
- Park your vehicles in the driveway or garage, keep them off the street
- Pull in your recycling bins
- Collect loose leaves, grass clippings and limbs to keep them out of the storm sewers
- Please take care to not create a wake with your vehicle when driving down a flooded street
We will notify you should the weather conditions impact solid waste pick-up today.
Please monitor the National Weather Service, your local media, and other official weather information sources for current updates.
Leave a reply
** Guests may comment by entering name and email (email will not be displayed). Members, please log in to comment. **