Start a discussion on one of our three Forums for Bellaire and surrounding areas!
Bellaire Talk, Neighborhood Crime, Lost & Found Pets
Halloween Safety Tips
From the City of Bellaire:
Halloween is an exciting time for kids and families. The City of Bellaire has some helpful Halloween safety tips for you to make sure your children have a safe and fun evening.
· Severe weather might be moving into the Bellaire area tomorrow evening please monitor weather forecasts and plan accordingly
· Remember that umbrellas and ponchos further restrict vision and may become a hindrance in bad weather
Tips for walkers:
· Avoid masks which can obstruct vision
· If children go out after dark, fasten reflective tape to their costumes and bags, give them glow sticks or flashlights
· Never enter the home or car of a stranger
· Have an agreed time to return home
· Tell children to wait until they return home to begin eating candy
Tips for motorists:
· Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs
· Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
· Watch for children in dark clothing especially at twilight and later in the evening
· Discourage new, inexperienced drivers from driving on Halloween
There are numerous festivals and “Truck or Treats” that will be held on or before Halloween. These may provide an alternative to Trick or Treating. Please check the Community Events calendar on the City’s website.
The Bellaire City Library will close at 5 pm on Halloween.
For more information on Halloween safety tips, please call the Bellaire Police non-emergency line at 713-668-0487.
Have fun and stay safe. Happy Halloween!
Leave a reply
** Guests may comment by entering name and email (email will not be displayed). Members, please log in to comment. **