From the City of Bellaire…

The City of Bellaire may be eligible to receive funding for elevation grants from other entities on your behalf. If your home is or has been elevated you are ineligible for the program. This is a match program and would require funds of at least $30,000 from the homeowner.

The City of Bellaire is collecting preliminary information from residents that may qualify for the elevation grant program.

The grant, which is administered by the Federal Office of Emergency Management (FEMA), would only cover 75% of the costs and the homeowner would be responsible for the other 25% of the costs.  The costs could be $30,000 or more, plus relocation expenses.

Home elevation means that your existing house will be lifted so that the lowest floor is at least one foot (1′) above the expected flood elevation and a new foundation will be built to support your home.

Please keep in mind there is no guarantee that the City will receive any funds for this program. However, City Officials are determined to ensure that they seek all opportunities available.

If you have already elevated your home, you will not be eligible for the grant. Only homeowners who have flood insurance from FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) are eligible. The flood insurance must be effective at the time of the grant application and be maintained throughout the process.

If you are interested in the grant program, please fill out the form here.