From the Bellaire Police Department:
The Bellaire Police Department is implementing a new program to assist senior citizens and those with disabilities get groceries and the medication they need. This program is designed to help the elderly, those with medical conditions that make travel difficult or are homebound. Bellaire Police Officers, or other City staff, will be available to help with grocery and medication deliveries.
• Only open to residents of the City of Bellaire.
• Resident has special needs that make travel difficult or is 65 years or older.
• Pickups will only be available from Bellaire Market H-E-B or a pharmacy within Bellaire city limits.
• Verification of prescriptions will be performed upon delivery.
• Days and times of delivery are limited and must be scheduled with Bellaire Police.
We encourage you to contact your local pharmacy and grocery stores first and inquire about delivery options that are already available and may be more suitable for your needs.
This program will start on Thursday, March 19 and you will need to register by calling Officer Edwards at 713.662.8103 or email email@example.com