From the City of Bellaire:
The City of Bellaire will enter Stage Two: MILD Water Shortage Conditions of the City’s Drought Contingency Plan, effective immediately. Stage Two of the Drought Contingency Plan calls for voluntary water conservation measures when the Average Daily Water Usage reaches 65% of safe distribution capacity for three consecutive days or when weather conditions, such as a significant drop in annual rainfall and higher-than-normal daily temperatures, lead to continued stress on the water system. The City will continue to monitor water usage to ensure water safety for all customers and residents.
During Stage Two, the City of Bellaire is requesting water customers to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to:
- Even-numbered days for water customers with a street address ending in an even number between 9 p.m. – 3 a.m.
- Odd-numbered days for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number between 9 p.m. – 3 a.m.
Here are some water conservation tips to help you minimize water usage:
- Change timers on sprinklers to water during suggested hours.
- Check your swimming pool to make sure it is not overfilling.
- Check for and repair detectible water leaks as soon as possible.
- Take shorter showers.
- Wash only full loads of dishes or clothing.
- Replace older-model showerheads and faucets.